Friday, April 9, 2010

Pixels

Wow.... this video is an amazing piece of work. Everyone growing up in the digital age will be able to relate to it.

In the other news: last weekend I went to Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood Washington to pick up an Apple iPad. Amy and I took the Amtrak train from Vancouver, heading to Seattle. The Amtrak station in Edmonds has some historic items on display. Railroads have such a rich history in the United States, opening up the continent to the pioneers and new settlers. It's a shame that the US railroads have been ignored by the car owning masses and the governments alike. It's a shadow of what it once was. It deserves a better fate, because it can be very comfortable. I remember an Amtrak ride from New Orleans to Memphis, when we had a nice juicy steak dinner, white tablecloths and silverware included, on board of the train. And because the ticket was bought months in advance, it was unbelievably cheap.


3 comments:

Bram Stolk Sr said...

Mijn zoon heeft een I-Pad en ook nog een I-Phone, I-Mac, I-Pod, I-Book, I-Cube, I-Pen, I-Calc en weet ik wat al niet meer.....

Het is net als met deze Pixels U-Tube movie, gewoon bewaren en nooit wegdoen, het worden allemaal collector-items.

Leuk toch dat je nu op je I-Pad bijv Ping-pong, Thru the wall, Pacman, Thetris etc in Hi-Res kunt spelen?

Nederland is een beetje een ontwikkelingsland geworden, Apple target ons niet meer, de I-Pad wordt bij de Douane extra in de gaten gehouden en bij aantreffen zwaar belast....

jacco said...

Hmm, Reality Distortion Field strong with this one is...

But why is Apple giving Canada the cold shoulder? Usually products are released simultaneously in both the USA and Canada! Over in Europe we are used to being left out on product releases. Plus that whole 1 USD = 1 EUR nonsense...

Nice clip, by the way! Still got my old Commodore Vic-20...

Bram said...

Nice... take good care of your VIC20.
If you wait long enough, it will become valuable.

I think it's Apple lawyers that are cautious.
Content deals are often signed per country, and they don't want Canadians to read Winnie the Pooh for free I guess.